Maintenance and development of an innovative production region
During the last years, a tendency for off-shoring of jobs in traditional manufacturing has been experienced in the German-Danish border region. However, prospects exist that regional competitiveness in manufacturing can be maintained in the region by means of new production systems and revised supply chain management approaches.
On this basis, the InProReg project seeks to maintain and further develop innovative and competitive manufacturing in the German-Danish cross-border region, especially in small and medium sized enterprises. This will be achieved through enhancement of modern automated production systems and innovative approaches to product development.
As a regional cross-sectorial platform project initiative, InProReg wants to create a stronger basis for German-Danish production within energy, food, welfare tech, among others.
The project is divided into two parts with the following specific objectives:
To build knowledge for innovative manufacturing
- develop application-oriented concepts for adaptive, resource-efficient and automated production systems
- define models for innovative product development
- analyse German-Danish production position
- support business development within cross-border production
To improve manufacturing competencies
- develop innovative technology demonstrators
- facilitate innovation projects
- support activities in network and clusters.